As previously posted, SlowExposures has added a portfolio review to the events during the show. This review is limited and the slots are filling fast. To make sure you have a place at the table, sign up through the website by clicking on Portfolio Review and following the steps.
The review includes 20 minutes with each of the 5 reviewers: Sylvia Plachy, fine art photographer, NYC; John Bennette, collector and curator, NYC; Elizabeth Biondi, Visuals Editor, The New Yorker, NYC; Elizabeth Turk, professor, Savannah College of Art and Design; Brett Levine, Director of the Visual Arts Gallery, University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Some tips for those interested in the review:
- Select 10 to 20 images of your best work; keep them a manageable size.
- Present the images in print form in a book or portfolio box.
- Begin working on the portfolio right now, think about it, add and delete photos to be sure that your images presented are the best. Do not wait to put this collection together.
- Remember 20 minutes goes by quickly — bring something to take notes.
- Be consistent, edit, have work from one or two bodies of work.
- Be prepared to discuss the work.
- If you choose to have a leave behind, a CD is nice — make sure it is representative of your art.